Equal Opportunity Cell
Equal Opportunity Cell has been established in the College as extension of University of Delhi, Equal Opportunity Cell. The cell works towards making an inclusive and barrier free environment in the college, provides human assistance to all the students with Special Needs. The cell works with the commitment of creating awareness and hence avenues like higher education / professional education and skill development programs for students with disabilities to fulfil their potential and minimizing the inequalities in opportunities. The college has constructed ramps, accessible toilets, railings and lifts for differently abled persons. The cell conduct various meetings time to time with parents and teachers at campus/ online for identifying their problems in accessibility, teaching learning process and examinations etc. and do the follow up accordingly.
- The EOC takes care of implementation of legislative provisions and policies for students with disabilities during Admission and Examinations. The cell continuously stands as a pillar to ensure that all students are guide for optimum learning environment. It provides a barrier free environment for Persons with Disabilities by modifications in time-table and seating arrangements too.
- During COVID-19 the students were given due support by the cell in theory as well as practical classes held online. Frequently their issues were taken and conveyed to the respective teachers to deal accordingly.
- Fortunately, in college, the faculty involved in the cell are trained special educators. They make the enrolled students aware of assistive aids and facilities. In near future the main focus of the cell is to organize more events to create awareness and sensitize all teaching, non-teaching and peer students about disabilities, acceptance and inclusion.
Members of the Cell
- Sultan Singh, Convener (9990909463)
- Deepika Ahlawat (7976617113)
- Vinod Kumar Kalra (7986524855)
Reach us at: email@example.com