Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Child Study Centre
The Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Child Study Centre (RAKCSC) has been an integral part of the Department of Human Development and Childhood studies (HDCS), Lady Irwin College. The Centre functions as a laboratory setting for students of the College. The objectives of the Centre have been to provide development centric care and education to children in the age group of 6 months to 12 years, to create a model inclusive environment for early childhood care and education, and to provide a research and practice laboratory setting for students and research scholars.
*Currently, following the Covid-19 protocol, the Centre is conducting morning program for children between 2 to 4 years, in online mode. The program is inclusive and parents are also involved, as well as additional Individualized Education Program (IEP) support is extended to parents of children with special needs after the session.
- Kilkari- The Toddler’s Club – (6 months-2 years)
- Infant Care Centre/Creche – (6 months- 2years)
- Play centre – (2-3 yrs)
- Nursery school – (3-4 yrs)
- Inclusive Education for Children with special needs – (3-8 yrs)
- After School Care – (2-12yrs)
- SETU- Systematic Early Training Unit – (Birth-3yrs)
- Occupational and Speech therapy
- Remedial Education classes for Children with Special Needs – (3-12yrs)
- Extended therapy sessions for Children with Special Needs after school hours