The sports society of Lady Irwin College not only aims to prepare first-class fitness enthusiasts but also focuses on diverse programs that inspire leadership, teamwork and resilience among its students, thereby profoundly impacting our society in meaningful ways.
Convenor – Sports Society
Contact – Please see Staff Council Committee
|Details of infrastructure for sports||Area||Description of activity|
50 x 20 meters
|Activities: Volley Ball, Throw Ball, Net Ball, Yoga Classes, Base Ball, Athletics, NCC Parade, Cricket, Hand Ball|
|6.10 x 4.25 meters||Twister, Tread mill, Front Pulley, Abdominal Board, Bench Press|
|Badminton Court||13.4 x 6.1 meters|
|Basketball Court||28.7 x 15.2 meters|
|Volleyball||18 x 9 meters|
|Tennis Court||23.77 x 8.23 meters|
|Other Indoor Sports Facilities||Such as Chess, Carom, Sports Classes.|
- Morning training sessions.
- Training sessions under a specialized coach.
- Daily refreshments for the players after practice sessions.
- Playing kits for the players.
- Provides all sports equipment.
- The society conducts Annual Sports Day, wherein teaching as well as non-teaching staff and B.Ed. department also takes part in the competitions. Scholarships and awards are also presented to the players on the basis of their achievements.
- The society also conducts the Freshers Talent Contest to nurture and identify the talent in the freshers.
- College provides the entry fees for the tournaments to the players.
- Participation of the college team in various intercollege events such as Delhi State Tournament, etc.
- During the times of pandemic, the society conducted various informative webinars on the topic such as Menstruation, Nutrition, Zumba to spread awareness and to enlighten the audience.